By Joseph Then
SERIAN — The two Masses at 8.30 am (Bidayuh) and 6.30 pm (English) on 26 February to celebrate Ash Wednesday at St Theresa’s Church were celebrated by Fr Robert Jissem, and attracted a huge congregation.
The Lenten season commenced on Ash Wednesday and the first Stations of the Cross led by Fr Robert Jissem started at 6.00 pm on 28 February and thereafter, will take place every Friday at 6.30 pm until 3 April.
The faithful are reminded that the Fridays during this period are days of abstinence from meat.
Because of the COVID-19 outbreak, this year Fr Robert Jissem and other extraordinary ministers sprinkled dry ash on the crown of the parishioner’s head instead of drawing a cross with moistened ash on the forehead.
Other Lent activities will include:
- 5 April, Palm Sunday Mass will be at 8.30 am
- 9 April, Holy Thursday Mass will be at 7.00 pm
- 10 April, Good Friday Mass will be at 3.00 pm
- 11 April, Easter Vigil (Holy Saturday) Mass will be at 8.00 pm
- 12 April, Easter Sunday Mass will be at 8.30 am
The Parish invites all the children of God and friends from far and near places to join the above activities for self renewal.