As Catholics, we believe that God comes down to meet us at every Mass. At this difficult time, when the circumstances don’t allow us to come together as a community, remember He will come to us wherever we are and whenever we seek Him. Every Sunday presents the opportunity to invite Him into our home by participating in one of the live streamed or recorded Masses. For most of us, this is a new experience and will take time to learn.
Here are tips to help you prepare for and fully participate in a virtual Mass:
Before Mass Begins:
- Find a quiet place at home to set up your computer. We want to set the stage for prayer and reflection.
- Dress appropriately. This helps show reverence and an understanding of the importance of the moment.
- Be on time. Joining the live stream early will allow you to pray and prepare yourself better for Mass.
- Participate in the Mass. Make the appropriate responses and follow the readings.
- No Food and Drinks. Just as we don’t eat or drink in Church, the same stands for a virtual Mass.
- Turn off cell phones or other devices. Distractions are not conducive to prayer.
- Do not talk to others in your home during the Mass. Make this a time to visit with God, and visit with one another later.
- Pray after Mass. If you feel called, offer a prayer of thanksgiving after Mass is over.
- Make your Sunday Offertory online or by mail. During times like these, your regular Sunday Offertory is extremely important for your parish to continue the same programs and ministries when things return to normal.
- Go in peace to love and serve the Lord!
Source: The Valley Catholic